Sunday, April 15, 2012

Most Embarrassing Moments

We are back in Haiti and I have lots of thoughts about our trip home and back that I will have to share when my bloggers block is gone.
I feel like almost daily in Haiti I am embarrassed/humbled by something either myself or my children does.
Today was no exception.
The oldest two and I went to church this am. We were the only ones ready as the time change is still catching up to us and two of the babies GI system had a tough time in the US. We arrive at church at 8:50, the time that sacrament is supposed to start. (Sacrament is last and our church starts at 7 now instead of 6). The Bishop is already talking which I was surprised by because it did not seem we were that late. I think I hear him saying something about Joseph Smith, maybe bearing his testimony, which is also weird at the beginning of the meeting. But, hey I really have no idea what is going on. So the girl stands up to start conducting and I make my way to the piano (somehow I am the ward piano player, choir director, and piano lesson teacher. This is another story which includes A LOT of humbling opportunities) and I start playing the opening hymn. I do not play well by reading music, I play by sound much better and since the hymn book is in French most of the time I have no idea what I am playing. This time I actually recognized the song in the first few measures. Plus for me! Until a girl from the front row came up and changed the page for me!
Apparently they decided to start church at 6am again and it was the closing hymn they were on. I was on the opening.
Nothing like a big slice of humble pie first thing on a Sunday morning in front of the whole ward!

No comments:

Post a Comment