Monday, April 2, 2012

The Orphanage

The orphanage today;
Rachel, who runs the O, called to say they have a new little girl. She wanted me to check her out. We hardly need an excuse to go to the O. Her parents say she is 3, she was wearing a size 0-3 mo shirt when we arrived and it fit fine. I think she probably only weighs about 15 lbs. She has the teeth of a 9 mo old and feeds like a 9 month old. She stands well, but cries. I really think her bones are not strong enough to support her and she lacks muscle tone. I just hope her parents were confused on her age.
We are on our way back now to teach Rachel and the nannys' how to feed her properly. As much as I hate that my own children have feeding issues, I feel grateful today that I can pass on some of the things I have learned and even more thankful that I have great OT's in my life. Thank You Karissa for all your expertise!

Our Friends. BT, IS, Nicholas, Nora, Alex (in the background) and some big friends.

I think we all have a special attachment to a child or two at the O. Rachel loves these two, but really they picked her. The are always by her side while we are there. It is really sweet.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, Whitney, she's so tiny for a 3 year old. Do you recall her name? I will begin praying for her by name. They have their work cut out for them! As always, thank you for your support and help there at ROH. Hope you are having a wonderful break at home too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my heart - the poor baby! so glad you are there to look her over. praying that she recovers quickly and that Rachel can find the perfect family for her!

    ReplyDelete