Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July

Here is house in our neighborhood that consistently fly's the US Flag upside down.  I am not sure exactly what it is meant by it, but I do not feel like it is a nice thing.  I have to be honest it really ticks me off. 

I have always been "proud to be an American" but, living here has opened my eyes to just how proud I am. I know America has it flaws, I know our government is not perfect. But, I just know that if we took the worst parts of our government and applied it here, it would make a world of difference here. But, where do you even start. That is a question we ask our selves every day. Where to even start? Despite the fact that there is an education issue, even educated people do not have opportunities, and there are not opportunities because there is not a strong government to support it. And there is not a strong government because people are not educated, and it just keeps going round and round. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Whitney. I never wanted to kiss the American soil so bad as when we came back from Haiti. It's not that we did not thoroughly enjoy our time in Haiti, but just that we realized how wonderful it truly is to live in America.

    ReplyDelete