Friday, July 27, 2012

Adjusting

People keep asking how we are adjusting.
Lots of days it feels like we never left. 
This is definitely our home.
Which is good...and bad.
The first time I went to Costco I seriously had a hard time catching my breath, literally almost in panic attack mode.
We did not buy anything.
Today I went and spent hundreds of dollars at Costco. 
Some days I feel totally disgusted at the waste and the ridiculous conversations I am part of. 
Some days I do not even notice. 
I feel kind of stuck between two worlds. 
Still trying to incorporate what we have learned with where we are now. 
I know lots of people do it, maybe just a little more time ...

This scene made me laugh so hard when we got home. My closet. I brought 3 pairs of shoes to Haiti, and about that many necklaces. Then I come home to this. 
Now who really needs this many summer church shoes?
Yet, you will probably not see me getting rid of any.
Two worlds.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. I'm glad you are getting settled - but I know you have mixed feelings about that. I don't know how you comfortably settle both worlds in your mind... but maybe that's the point. It isn't meant to be comfortable. I hope that you figure out Rosalie's visa situation very soon.

    ReplyDelete