Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Discipline

Discipline. Can I just say I hate discipline. Why can’t my kids just be good without me having to do any work? I guess because then it would not be parenting.
While we are here we have been using IPad time as a reward. If you can not behave I can not let you have IPad time and you will loose minutes.
When we are in public people often comment on how well our children behave. But, look at this picture. 
Here I am sitting with our two borrowed Haitian children and a slew of others and look at my other 3. Literally climbing the walls, and doing donkey kicks. Whew! The best part is that these are my 3 who are 
generally the easiest. 

This is a note I found on one of our stools, written by CT. In case you can’t read it, it says “I lost minutes for nothing”.

Perhaps it is because we eat like crap here, as everything fresh is super expensive. I rarely let my kids have chips at home, here they are each with a bag of cheesy crap, because hey they were less than 20 cents for all 4.
Or perhaps it is because we do science experiments where we light things on fire. Or because we ride in the car without seat belts of car seats or because we are all together all the time?
What ever it is it has got to get better when we get home!


3 comments:

  1. Oh Whitney. A picture...thousand words. I am laughing at the kids climbing the wall and the donkey kick! SO FUNNY. Gavin would have been one of the ones on the wall in the background. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kiddos...they are great kids and they are well behaved :) Love CT's note, too funny. I am sure Kaiden is thinking those things, but I never see/hear them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I just died laughing at CT's note! That kid is such a goon! So excited to have him back :)

    ReplyDelete