Friday, May 4, 2012

Slaughter Day

So this is not an official Haiti thing that I know of, but I swear every Friday we see tons and tons of animals out for slaughter. We have a "slaughter house" right near our home and we have seen many interesting things on a Friday there. One time we saw a large truck with cattle in it. There was one cow laying on the ground behind the truck. The Haitians were literally lighting a fire under his butt trying to get him to stand up. One thing is for sure, all of this animal slaughtering is making me think I may want to become a vegetarian.

These are images I have always wanted to capture. A bunch of sheep being loaded into a tap tap (aka taxi).
Here they all are shoved in there. Looks full right?
Oh no, not full; there is still room for you to tie some onto the side. This is an image we see often that I am so glad I finally caught as it will never leave my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment