Friday, May 4, 2012

Surgery at Home

***WARNING, THIS POST IS NOT FOR THE WEAK IN STOMACH***
Translation: if you are not in medicine, you may not want to read on.

Okay, maybe the fact that I even took pictures is gross. What can I say, I am a nurse.
I have had this "who knows what" growing on my arm since some mystery bite I received about a week ago. It continued to get more swollen, more red, and more irritated until I started running a low grade fever. So it was time to take action. Because I do have great access to medical equipment, Rachel is not squmish, and I have to say I am pretty tough; we decided to cut it out ourselves. Not fun, but now it is over and I have some antibiotics to clean up the mess. 


3 comments:

  1. That doesn't look good Whit...hope your "surgery" helped. Good luck, keep me posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the research suggests a really good I and D means an abscess will heal without any further treatment or antibiotics. I am glad you got antibiotics and don't have to test that theory. Hope it is getting better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Started the antibiotics, because it was not a "really good" I&D there is only so much I wanted to handle without lido etc :)
      It is looking much better

      Delete