Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Orphanage

Today was a quick visit to the Orphanage (before I broke BJs arm) because there was a truck broken down on the only road that goes down from our house. But at still good none the less.
IS with Alex and Nicholas. After this picture baby Nicholas wanted to be held as he usually does when I am there. He was asleep in all of 3 min. He is one sweet baby.

Roselie has come with us a few times. She used to work at an orphanage and her heart is for children. I love seeing her with other Haitian children, you can tell she is a natural. I feel badly for the kids she had to leave at the orphanage where she used to work. I am sure she is missed there.

These two roughnecks are on an official mission the last few times we have been there. We started noticing a lot of the kids were missing so we went to find them and found that they were potty training in a different area of the orphanage. What we also found on our way there was quite a few rats. These two have it set in their mind they will catch them. They now come equipped with traps when we go.

Trying to get a little friend to walk to me.

Rachel fixing Grace's hair. She quickly learned that to do "black hair" you lay the baby across your lap. I think the nanny's must think we are nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment