Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Class Notes


So school is out. I told the kids I am sure there were people who would still like to read a note from them every week. There were a little weirded out about having it on the internet for all to read, little do they know this is not new. I hope someone will enjoy Haiti from their point of view. Sometimes it is so different from the way we view things. And sometimes it is too much the same, have you seen how some of these kids spell, whoa!

Hi my name is CT. I am the oldest child in the Henwood Family. I am writing about the last two weeks. The first thing I want to talk about is the physical therapist that came here. I thought she was really nice. In fact the only thing wrong with her was she was scared of tarantulas. I don’t really understand girls how there so scared of such gentle giants. Next I want to talk about the assassinated chicken. I did NOT agree with that choice. In fact I tried changing my mom’s opinion about it. But she was stuck with the dumb idea of assassinating the poor chickens. Again I tried another one of my strategies…jumping in front of the chickens. But then I considered jumping in front of the chickens would get my neck snapped so I decided to not. Alright lets move on before I get mad and throw the computer. To walking down the creek bed.  So we walked down the creek bed and found a 2 foot deep and 10 feet In perimeter lake. I wanted something cooler so I went searching for a lake. I found a curve in the creek bed so  we went down it. Then IS kept saying there’s no water there no water. And a bunch of other things sisters say. But finally we got to a giant water fall And IS was like ow I knew there was water here, I knew it. And a bunch of other girl stuff. 
                       PEACE TO THE WORLD! 


Hi my name is IS. We had a girl named Hannah and she left. I really miss her. My Nana and Grandpa came. It was so cun. We went to the beach and did puzzles. And Adrah came. We went to orphniages and we went to the beach. We are hoping to brig Roselie home. We are watching a little boy named Velo. He is four. We gave the higean kits to the feeding clenick. IT was like a war. The shoes were gone in like 1 seckand. We are going to a lot of orphaniages, it is soooo fun. I really miss my frends, but is is still really fun. But, I still have to do my home work when my class i out. We went on a big hike to the creackbed, it was so fun. We played in the water adn went on an even longer walk. We have grate Haitian food that Roselie makes like rice and beains and saus pwa. And I do not like soup joumou. Are house is very big and we have close lines inside. As you can see we are having a fun time.
Love, IS
              

Hi how are you doing, are you having a good time? What are you doing?
We slaughtered a chicken. I had a disgusted face. I ate it and it was really hard to chew. I do not want to do it again because it was disgusting. Nana and Grandpa came to visit us, and Adrah. We showed them Epidor, it is like McDonalds except that is how they spell it. They tried to spell McDonalds but they could not so instead they spelled Epidor. We showed them the broken down houses, when we were driving across the airport we saw a tap tap, a tap tap is when you get in a car and when you stop you tap. It is exactly like a taxi or a bus. we showed them the beach. I found one of those big sea shells, conch shell. We went to the orphanage, I kind of like to go there. We always bring suckers. There is this place called the snack shack kind of like at the pool, you can get candy there. We have a new kid and his name is Velo and we did not adopt him and he does not like our dog and our dog is Roxy. We used to have another dog and her name was Tally, but we gave her to our guard named Johnny. We went on a hike that is called the creek bed, and there is a bunch of water there. There is a bunch of giant rocks and a pit with water in it. Mom thought there was a landslide, but there was just a waterfall. We saw some lizards, we saw some big rocks that we could dance on. CT wants to be like Michael Jackson.
Good Bye-
TJ

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...I seriously laughed out loud at CT's letter...it was HILARIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These letters are so funny! CT's was the best. I do agree with him that you assassinated the chicken! Soooo funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CT should be a comedian! So great to hear about Haiti through your children's eyes.

    ReplyDelete