Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

One lesson that we are learning here is the concept of "Ask and Ye Shall Receive". I can not tell you how many things we have specifically prayed for with answers coming almost immediately. I think I have mentioned our most recent quest to find the avenue God would have us use to donate money to Haiti. After seeing a lot of the organizations here, I have been uncomfortable donating to them because I feel a lot of the money goes to the people working here. I did not want to spend a lot of money on stuff that would be disposable although very necessary in the short term, like diapers and shoes.
Then last week after specifically praying about what to use the money on we were asked by our Bishop and his wife to set up an organization that would sponsor children to go to school with the idea of eventually building a school that would have a part time volunteer clinic. We are still working out details and will keep you posted. Any ideas would be welcome!
This week our "ask and ye shall receive moment" came in suitcases with my in-laws. I put out a blog post about the critical urgent needs here at the moment and many came through for us with diapers, shoes, money, and clothes from some friends who came to the rescue last week at the drop of a hat. THANK YOU! And thank you to the kind notes that were written. I love and miss you all. Thank you for your continued support of "our adventure".

2 comments:

  1. As a mom adopting two of these babies, please receive my heart felt thanks!!! Blessings to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto Amy's comment! As soon as I saw those diapers, I got a big ole smile on my face. Thank you to all who donated the diapers and for blessing my little one in Haiti!

    ReplyDelete