Saturday, February 11, 2012

Diaper Drive!!

We are going to be having our first visitors next week and the week after.
Justin's parents are going to be flying here on the 20th. They are going to kindly bring an extra bag or two or three of stuff for us. As I have been asked what people (at least the ones I work with) need donated most here, here is what I have come up with:

1- Diapers. Size 3 and up, they grow big babies here!
2- Formula- The orphanage uses tons of formula (maybe that is why the big babies)
3- Shoes- Descent children's shoes size 7 and up. (some of the children here can not go to school because they do not own shoes.)

So if you have any of these things and would like to donate please leave a comment (although I know this feature is not working well) or send me an e-mail at whitney.henwood@gmail.com.

If you do not have any of these things or do not live close and would like to donate to help pay the cost of getting the bags here, that would be great.

Just to give you an idea of how needed this is. The other day I watched a little girl who had to be at least a year younger than my babies, mine are still not potty trained, stand in the middle of the floor and pee all over (because she did not have a diaper on). It soaked her shorts, her shoes, and everything around her. The worst part was that I was apparently the only one who was bothered by it even when the fly's started swarming around her. This is so not healthy on so many levels. Please help if you can.

1 comment:

  1. I will get some shoes to your Mother in law! Happy to help! Miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete