Saturday, February 18, 2012

Clinic Day

We were able to go back up the clinic again and this time IS joined us. She says she wants to be a nurse and after watching her today, I think she may have the guts and heart for it. Silly HIPPA, I wish she could work alongside me in the States. I feel like she is learning a lot.

The not so fun part of the day, telling a woman she is pregnant. She has sickle cell anemia and she does not want to be pregnant. She is not excited at all! Not fun.

My happy place. The Mom was in for her first check-up 18 days after giving birth at home. She walked hours to get to the clinic with her newborn. These women are AMAZING!

Seeing this picture makes me laugh. People asked me all weekend if Kait was my daughter. People ask me if Rachel is my daughter too. As you can see, Haiti is aging me. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment