Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Our Golden Ticket

You know from the Willie Wonka story how valuable the "golden ticket" is. Well, we have found our very own golden ticket in Haiti. In a culture where the color of your skin has everything to do with your status, the lighter being better. Our fair skinned brown baby is VERY loved. She is never allowed to walk when we are in public as someone is always picking her up (no, not strangers. I have not totally lost my mind). She is the ultimate princess here especially by our "house help".
It helps too that this girl does not know a stranger. She can make an awkward situation better in no time. Like being the only Blans at church, it was a little awkward until she walks over and sits on the lap of the nearest person. She has no problem making friends with anyone and there is just something endearing about her. You just can't possibly not like her.
Our "house help" at our first house, who fixed her scooter, and then sat and watched her play making sure she could not hurt herself.

Angelo, our "security" here.

Roselie, who is constantly after the boys with a loud "NO" when they bug her. She does have a really good whine on her.

And the kids, oh how the kids love her. They are always pointing to her and asking me "Ou fe?" Your daugther?

1 comment:

  1. I so love that little stinker...she is just the friendliest little girl. I loved how she always wanted to sit on my lap when I there in the States with you. I can't wait to see her again!

    ReplyDelete