Saturday, January 21, 2012

Are you kidding me?

Okay, I can deal with mosquitos and ants everywhere. I can even deal with no power and no appliances and no water for a while. This I am not sure about...
But, while I was cleaning the mice crap out of the silverware drawer, for the 3rd time today, the kids came in yelling "Hey Mom, TJ found a baby tarantula." Being the attentive mother I am I ignored them until the third kid came in to tell me about "da spider". And this is what I found.

Mind you this thing is dead and was all curled up and missing 1/2 of its legs, I wonder what kind of bug did that, I can not imagine what it looked like alive.
I am just praying tonight that it was not what bit my daughter, or I may be out of here.
Seriously even if my husband does write nice posts about me.
Out of here.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...I think I would have been out of there a long time ago. Justin is right, you are a trooper. I hope IS is okay and that isn't what bit her either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you need to get some cats or those sticky mouse traps. That grosses me out!!!!! You are a trouper for sure.
      I hope IS is okay and that's not what bit her. How in the world do you keep the mice out of the food? Hang in there.

      Delete
  2. Yikes! Well, next to seeing a rat, perhaps you have now seen the worst of it in Haiti. We can hope, right? Supposedly tarantula bites aren't life threatening unless you are allergic to them if that makes you feel any better. I think there are few things that creep me out more than waking up with a bug bite...

    ReplyDelete