Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mache A

Today IS, Rosalie and I went to the Marche. It is like an outdoor market. It was a small one, but still enough for us right now. The people were not too excited to see a white person and one lady even made fun of the way I said "Bonswar". They mostly just rolled their eyes at us. Good thing Rosaline was with me to do the shopping! IS was eating it up. "Mom what is that, what is that, we saw that kid the other day on the street with that shirt on. Why do they have all that raw meat just sitting there."
Rosalie is in the blue shorts, more posts on her to follow.




The chicken we ate for dinner, really. I figure they cook it long enough, about 3 hours, that it is okay right? And we all take pro-biotics too.

The Marche was an open air market covered in tarps, half of which said US AID. While we were there one of the tarps fell and the ladies all stood up and rearranged their sticks until they got it back up. They had shoes and hair products etc.


IS with the sugarcane that we bought. The kids were not too keen on it. I like it, it was a lot less sweet than I thought it would be.



The man getting IS sugar cane ready

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh...you are amazing!! We'll say lots over your food ;)

    ReplyDelete