Thursday, January 5, 2012

Safe in NYC


We are safe in NYC. Thank you to all of those who sent us their love, prayers and well wishes. The flight was awesome. The kids were amazingly great. We all got seats together near the front which was great. I was even able to read a few chapters in a book. The poor baby next to us screamed most of the 4.5 hour flight, but he was not ours so it was not too stressful to us :) Our "babies" slept on and off.
The people in Denver were rude in the lines, I love business men who think they are more important than anyone else. And we think we have lost a bag. I am quite sure we brought 16 to check in but only 15 were checked in. I hope we miscounted. But I think there is an untagged bag somewhere. After 1 1/2 hours of trying to figure it out we gave up. Glad we were 3 hours early to our flight. I hope it is not anything too important. I guess we will see.
Our NYC experience was totally different. We had this guy named Justin G. who met us at the airplane. He carried 1/2 of our carry on's, checked us in for tomorrows flight, looked for our lost bag, and loaded us on the hotel shuttle which he called. Then he would not even take a tip. I have to say after our experience today I may have to rethink my thought that people in Denver are more friendly than NYC.
It took 3 cars and 6 adults to get through check in. Luckily they let an adult go to the gate to help us where we were able to check our 4 super heavy rolling carry on's all the way though to Haiti. It left us with a manageable amount to go the rest of the way.
It is kind of funny because under normal circumstances I would be grossed out by this hotel in NYC and not let the kids bath here or drink the water etc. This time I may bath them twice. This is going to be an interesting experience for the clean freak in me.

4 comments:

  1. Glad they were such troopers, mom and dad included. I already miss you :) Good luck for the rest of the flights/travel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you all made it safe and that the flight was tolerable. Too bad about the bag. Hopefully it greets you in Haiti! I shall keep my fingers crossed. Safe travels tomorrow! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it to New York. I am so happy that there are people who will help you there. We were so frustrated watching you in the security line and people not helping and just wanting to get through to their flight.
    We miss you already. You will have so many fun adventures. Hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been thinking about you so much! Good luck the rest of the way. You guys are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete