Thursday, January 19, 2012

A little bit of Home

Yesterdays' 5.5 hour shopping trip only included 3 stops.
1- Megamart, a place that I would loosely compare to Sams' Club. You pay for a membership and then buy in bulk at a "discounted" rate. However, the eggs I bought were rancid. The case of water $24 and the meat in the freezer was luke warm at best. There were some great deals too, TP 12 rolls for $8, canned goods $1.50/can and tuperware containers. YEAH!
It was great until we got to the check out and it took them over 30 min to run my cc, including a call to the States. It was baby melt down time x3 and the big kids had a serious case of the gimmies. Then I had to apply for the card another 15 min and have them take my picture. BJ was loosing it so a worker at the store held him for me while they took the picture. Haitians ask me all the time if all the kids are mine. I speak charades very well. It looks something like someone circling their hands around all the kids and then pointing to my belly. With a questioning look on their face. I say yes and then inevitably they point to SF.
At the end of this my friend who was with me was like "Wow, when you told me you were coming to Haiti with 6 kids I thought you were nuts, but your kids are really good." She must have seen different kids than I did.

Stop 2- Epidor, where I ate my weight in French Fries and feel much better.
Stop 3- The Caribee Market- This place is just like home, besides the armed guy in the background. Maybe even better a shopping cart that fits all 3 kids and small ones for the big kids.


A big part of home, this one is for you Grandpa. I paid $6 for this bag and it was worth every penny!


No comments:

Post a Comment