Friday, January 6, 2012

Our new house


A few pictures of our new house. It is way up the hill in an area called Thomassin. We are not sure if we will be able to stay here long term as it could be quite a long commute for Justin who will be working on the other side of Port-au-Prince. But we hope we can stay. It is really quiet, safe, and cool up here. I swear it was 15 degrees cooler up here than it was at the airport.
I will post more outside pictures tomorrow as it was getting really dark.



The girls are sleeping in this room for now.
Justin and I are in here. B.J. is sleeping in the little bed for now.

The rest of the boys are in "the big room". It is a very big room, but kind of tough getting 3 boys to sleep at the same time in there.

There are 2 bathrooms, this is the big one.

The house is really clean. Someone mops the floors everyday. It is just so dusty here and the mopping water is dirty I'm sure. I think we will need to get house shoes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Whitney..this is Debbie.I am so glad you all made it. I am just getting up here as I am still getting over my surgery. You guys are such a wonderful inspiration. I truly believe that your journey will be a blessing not only to you, but countless others...including myself! May God bless you and your family and keep you safe as you demonstrate your obedience and faith in Him!! Love, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete