Friday, January 20, 2012

Slaughter Day

I think Friday must be slaughter day around here. Today we saw 3 goats hanging from a tap tap full of people, can you imagine driving around in an overstuffed taxi with 3 dead goats hanging off the side?
Last night I saw this guy lugging the cattle that have been grazing on the hill near our house down the mountain. I was sad as I have been watching these cattle for days as I eat my cereal with boxed milk wondering if maybe I could milk them. But I think they are boys which would just be awkward.


Then today traffic was stopped for a while. As we rounded the corner I saw why. I have started carrying my camera in the front seat with me.



Some more random pictures from the car. Not the best pictues, but I am driving with precious Cargo!
There are big trucks all over here. Huge ones that hog the whole road. The roads are more steep than I-70 at its worst and there are no run away truck ramps. Bad combo. Here is a truck that lost it's brakes and went off the road and down the hill some. It was totally torn up and burnt. The other day there was a horrible accident in PAP where a truck lost its brakes and plowed into a bunch of people. 25 people died and 25 were seriously injured.



CT made me take this for Justin. "Look Mom even Haiti loves the Bears." I seriously doubt this guy knew who the bears were.

No comments:

Post a Comment